Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Party Mix

Merry Christmas!  While we're all celebrating with loved ones, I thought I'd share my version of Chex mix.  I don't know why I only make it during the holidays because it's honestly my favorite holiday treat (batch #3 for the month is in the oven right now).

5 c Chex cereal, name brand or generic (you can use just 1 kind - I stick to corn - or you can mix and match to total 5 cups)
3 c Cheerios, name brand or generic
2 c pretzels (I like the sticks best, but you can use any of the shapes)
2 c nuts (use any kind or kinds you want)
1/3 c butter, melted (or use olive oil instead
3 Tbsp soy sauce
3 Tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
1/2 Tbsp onion powder
1 tsp all-season salt

Preheat oven to 250F.

Combine cereals, pretzels and nuts in a roasting pan.  Melt butter, then mix in olive oil (if using), soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder and all-season salt.  Pour over mix in roasting pan, and gently stir to distribute the liquid (I use a spatula so it doesn't crush the cereal).  Bake for 1 hour, gently stirring every 15 minutes.  Remove from oven and spread out on cookie sheets or towels to cool.  Store in an airtight container - if you don't eat it all while it's cooling! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment