Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Pancakes and a homemade card

 I woke up this morning feeling like cooking (which is usually how I wake up on Sundays, now that I think about it).  After browsing through a few of my cookbooks, I settled on Coconut Pancakes with Pineapple Sauce from Vegan with a Vengeance : Over 150 Delicious, Cheap, Animal-Free Recipes That Rock.  Delicious!  I'm not a fan of traditional pancakes slathered with maple syrup, at least not for breakfast.  I just don't like that much sugar to start my morning.  These were perfect, though; the tart pineapple cut some of the sweetness and the batter was just right.  The only thing that could make it better would be eating it on a beach somewhere tropical and warm.  :)
I've been meaning to post this, but just keep forgetting.  I made a Thank You card for the lady who watched my pets while I was gone over Thanksgiving.  Pretty simple layout.  I just a patterned piece of paper 1" smaller all around than the card (so for my 4x6 card, I cut the patterned paper to 3x5).  The strip is 1" thick and also paper, but you could use ribbon instead.  I combined 2 stamps (thank goodness for clear stamps!) - the cat was from a 4-pack by Studio G, and the Thank You was an Archiver's Snag 'em Stamp Duos (appropriately named the Thank You Combo).  I traced the You with glitter pen and used foam adhesive squares to pop up the stamped part.

0 comments:

Post a Comment