Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Vegan MoFo: Rangoon dip

Today's Cooking the Rainbow color: white

I realized all my previous white posts contained potatoes - unintentionally, but I do use potatoes a lot because they're cheap and flexible in cooking.  Today, however, I have a potato-free offering: rangoon dip!  Back when I was a vegetarian, one of the Chinese restaurants in town had (and probably still has) vegetable rangoons so I could still order them.  When I became vegan, however, rangoons were one of the things on my list to veganize.  I do have a recipe for vegan rangoons, but I don't make them very often because they're rather time-intensive.  This dip is ready in 5 minutes and satisfies my craving for rangoons.  I usually sneak some of the dip while I'm baking the wonton strips - I have to make sure the strips are the proper amount of crispiness, or at least that's my excuse.
8 oz non-dairy cream cheese (I used Tofutti)
1 package (12.3 oz) soft silken tofu
5 Tbsp. sweet chili sauce
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
dash of salt

Combine ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.  You can add more sweet chili sauce if you want (I might next time, as the flavor was very mild).  Serve with baked wonton strips.  Both vegans and non-vegans alike devoured this tailgating last weekend - next time I'll make a double batch, as I was hoping for some leftovers to enjoy during the week!


0 comments:

Post a Comment